How to decide which is the ideal site for your dream home?
How to decide which is the ideal site for your dream home? There are about five things to consider.
I f you have looked at the homes in Los Angeles and there is not one that meet your needs, wants and expectation, than there is another possible solution. Then to me the answer is clear: you need to buy a Vacant Lot!
This solution is going to be a bit longer to achieve, never the less, it will allow you to have your perfect home.
1. First you need to decide what your budget is. This is the most important aspect of the building process.
2. Based on your budget you will be able to choose the Location. If you know your budget you will know where you can afford to buy the home site
3. Then you need to figure out the terrain. If you are buying in the Santa Monica Mountain Range it will be hillside, period. The only way you will buy flat land is if there is a “teardown house” on the property. Otherwise it will be either an upslope and once in a while you might find a down slope vacant lot.
4. Then you need to contact a Land Specialist i.e.: a Realtor who specializes in selling land and is familiar with the inventory based on the above three parameters.
5. Once you have selected the home site based on location, size and orientation than you need to get a good hillside Architect.
After all this is done that is when the challenge begins. Most importantly you need patience, time and more patience. The approval process could take anywhere from eight to fifteen months and then after that the building process could take three to six more months. If you are buying in Malibu add nother one two two years to it unless you hire a good expeditor.
The end result is that your dream home will be built to your specification. Then you might ask at what cost? If you take into consideration it will be: 1.your investment of time, 2. your investment of your money 3. and of course the testing of your patience. In return you will have your ideal home for about half the cost of the neighboring homes. Hence your taxes will be half of your neighbors too! Now if you are looking for a Land Expert to find your ideal site, look no further just send me an email or call me on my mobile.
If you are a consumer who is considering buying or selling a home, investment real estate, vacation homes, or beach properties in Southern California, Los Angeles, Century City, Westwood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Culver City, Marina Del Rey, Venice or Malibu. Feel Free to give me a call at 310.486.1002 or emails me at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit one of my websites at https://www.endrebarath.com Your Pet Friendly Realtor. I contribute a portion of my commission to Local Animal Rescue Organizations.