Breaking News: Did you know that Zillow is soliciting Los Angeles…
Did you know that Zillow is soliciting Los Angeles area members of The MLS™/CLAW and encouraging them to join the Greater South Bay Association of REALTORS which is part of a different MLS known as CRMLS??? This just came from the President of the MLS/CLAW .
Clearly most of you would agree with me that It is not the role of a third party data site to tell you which Association of REALTORS® to join. This move appears to be in response to the policy recently implemented by The MLS™/CLAW that puts a 48 hour delay on the data feeds to third party websites, such as Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
Just in Case you did not know
· The 48 hour third party data feed policy was designed to drive consumer traffic to the most accurate source of real estate information; the websites of the agents and brokers who service the market and to TheMLS.com™ that captures and drives leads to the membership at no cost.
· CRMLS has given notice that they are pulling out of CARETS, as of June 18th. In a short while, as things now stand, CRMLS will not have access to data from The MLS™/CLAW.
· The 48 hour third party data feed policy only affects data that appears on third party sites, not MLSs, or IDX data feeds. The policy is intended to apply only to new listings, not changes, and adjustments are underway for that purpose.
· The 48 hour third party data feed does not affect any listing or other information that appears in TheMLS.com™ or any other MLS that participates in CARETS. All agents who are members of The MLS™/CLAW or any other CARETS participating MLS will continue to have immediate access to your new or changed listings. Brokers are also free to distribute their own listing data in any way they elect.
· Personally I find it not in the best interest of the Membership, never the less the Participants of The MLS™/CLAW who do not want the 48 hour delay applied to their listings can contact The MLS™/CLAW and an adjustment will be made for you at no charge.
The bigger picture is that there is an effort underway by some that would force all MLSs to join a statewide MLS.
I totally agree with the leadership of The MLS™/CLAW who believe that local control of your MLS is in the best interests of brokers, agents, and the entire real estate community at large.
If you are considering buying or selling a luxury home, an ultra luxury home, luxury investment real estate, luxury vacation homes, or luxury beach properties in Southern California, Los Angeles, Century City, Westwood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey, Venice or Malibu, feel free to contact me at 310.486.1002 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit one of my websites at https://www.endrebarath.com. I am a pet friendly realtor and I contribute a portion of my commissions to local animal rescue organizations. –